Finding public data takes time. Keeping it up to date takes a ton of time. We're making it easier for people to find and use trusted data about Greenville, SC so they can build bigger things without worrying about the smaller things.
We'll do this by community curation (Wikipedia style) of the discover and maintenance of data sets. This will include an API, when needed, to allow programmers to build things atop the API.
What's Working or In The Works?
- A list of all tech meetups and organizations
- Real-time, linkable GeoJSON-based open map layers
- Conversations with the City of Greenville about open data
- Email notices when new meetups are found
- Organizer view of regularly scheduled days and times
- An organizations API and an events API to build more tools
- Downloadable public / open data sets for Greenville, SC
- A community - connect via the HackGreenville Slack (over 500 registered users)